Thursday, April 16, 2009

Music that makes me what about you?






There are certain albums and certain songs that define my life and has helped me grow as a person. I really cant completely decide but what are the top five albums that define me? number five is Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor because Lupe is an excellent lyricist who is often overlooked as a rapper because his metaphors and rhymes are so deep and intellectual a lot of hip-hop fans really don't get it unless they think about it. Number four is Fall Out Boy Folie a' Deux this album to me is a straight play through meaning I can play every track completely through. The way the music was arranged in the album flowed perfectly they had a lot of cameo appearances like Elvis Costello, Lil Wayne and Debbie Harry as well as front man Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes. FOB also had a track produced by The Neptunes which is my favorite song on the album. The third album is Fly Or Die by N*E*R*D their second of three albums this album has influenced me in a great way the album talks about love, hate and growing up the song that reached me the most was Jump featuring Benji and Joel Madden of Good Charlotte which talked about parents that were overbearing and controlling. Which reminded me of my life and how i was the black sheep of the family because i never could get my father's approval until i finally left home and started school this semester.Number two is The College Dropout by the great Kanye West. This album is a unanimous classic the was a coming out album for the producer that showed his lyrical talent that went well with his producing skills. Which is why this is a main reason why I wanted to make music besides The Neptunes' influence. My favorite song on this album would have to be Through the wire because he showed that even a car accident couldnt stop him from being successful and fufilling his dreams of being a rapper by rapping with his teeth wired shut.Number one even though it people may not agree has to be the Carter series, yes all three of them Tha Carter, Tha Carter II and Tha Carter III all three of these albums were good to me because Lil Wayne is my favorite rapper I practically grew up with him I he has been my favorite rapper ever since he was with the Hot Boys at age 15 and I have seen him really grow and expand to become the "Greatest Rapper Alive" even though some people may disagree with that I think that he is an overall better rapper than anyone out right now. I said my favorite albums now I want to know what music makes you the person you are today. What do you think about my selection? and no haters please!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment