Friday, February 13, 2009
Entry 3
I guess my talent of lack of talents is which made me intresteted in my topic. Growing up in a sports oriented family there was alot of pressure for me to play sports, but every sport i tried never worked out for me. I grew up around music my mother is a singer so I always loved to hear her sing or different singers sing. Thats when I first began to love music like R&B , Soul and Pop music. When my mother married my stepfather things changed he was big into sports and hip-hop thats where I began to love hip-hop and rap music. I played every sport Basketball, Baseball, Soccer etc. Nothing ever worked out though I would always gravitate towards the music that surrounded me. When I started skateboarding I began to hang around the skateboard crowd which listened to rock and I began to like rock and developed a love for wanting to explore different cultures. In a way my culture influenced my topic on music because my culture is mainly sports and hip-hop but my desire for me to always be diverse made me want to venture out in the music world and want to be a producer because I know what type of music I like and I believe I can make something that will stand out from other producers which should make me successsful in the music business. My favorite producers are The Neptunes who have made music for artists such as Brittney Spears, Jay-Z, Beyonce and alot of other artists their sound is different from others which has made them successful and inspired me to become a producer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sk8 boarder, yes. Indeed, i agree with everything here for the most part, as I also skateboard and have tried my hardest to not parrallel the stereotypical hip-hop producers.
ReplyDeleteBut what kind of music do you produce persay, that makes you origianal as a producer. Here are some questions that may help you I think:
Do you sample, because the Neptunes are big on sampling.
How do the neptunes influence you as an artist, or does star trek?
Do you look to Chad, or Pharell more?
*Chads the genius...lol.
Side note on the whole sports thing, I know how you feel, I had the same problem, but on a plus side, Sk8 boarding counts as a sport...
But I'd love to hear some of your work, maybe a link or playlist would be a nice add in to this blog.
Christian,
ReplyDeleteBe sure to keep up on the blog. You should have four entries by now. I agree with Collin too. I think a sample or playlist would be an interesting way to enhance your blog.
Keep at it,
Kristin
christian love,
ReplyDeleteThat is so interesting how your family is into sports ..Im curious about hoe your mothe4r inspired you! You said she is a beautiful singer where did she sing? did you ever sing with her? have you tried to produce music yet?..cant wait to read more about you !
Chris you earned the Purple Heart, therefore I am in love with you. Have a nice day.
ReplyDeletesorry i havent responded
ReplyDeleteCollin i am just beginning because of me having a new computer and everything but i want to produce anything and everything i jus want to make music that is like more futuristic but i as well want to sample and just use things that have never been used before I know that Chad is the main contributer of the duo but i do like pharrell because he has more abilities than chad like rapping and singing plus pharrell is more marketable. Chad is cool and hes talented i dont think he can make the same income with pharrell vise versa tho but i will post my playlist on my next blog.
ReplyDeleteJenni- My mother used to sing back in the 90's when i used to be an only child at 5 but i never really sung with her i really cant sing but i like play around with her and we make up songs for fun and stuff but thats one of the main reasons why i want to write music as well
ReplyDeleteSorry Kristin !!! :(
ReplyDeleteI love u too Drea ha ha but i dont think that were supposed to do for class
ReplyDelete